Outside of nudist colonies and clothing optional resorts, dining in the buff at a restaurant is more likely to land you in jail than lead to a satisfied appetite. That’s all about to change.
A soon to open nude pop-up restaurant in London has been getting enormous amounts of attention. The Bunyadi, a Pangea-themed restaurant created by its owner to deliver a dining experience “…void of the industrialized world’s modern trappings,” has a wait list of more than 28,000 people (at the time of story publication).
While the reservation numbers point to a successful, and undoubtedly daring, social dining experiment, the potential problems and mishaps that could arise are almost too plentiful to count. The mind wanders at the thought of the accidents, blunders, uncomfortable guest interactions, and awkward moments that are sure to transpire at the Bunyadi.
We have compiled a list of the 10 worst things that could happen at a nude restaurant. Let us know if you think we have missed any.
10 worst things about a nude restaurant
- Spilling a bowl of soup in a customer’s lap…really spilling anything: soup, coffee, water, an entrée (Will the restaurant have paramedics on call?)
- Finding a hair in your food
- A guest pulling his credit card from a “special hiding place”
- Guests bumping into each other on the way to the bathroom
- Sticky anything…
- A diner calling out a server for staring at his date
- Guests enjoying the sights a little too much (Sir, that napkin on your lap is not for pitching a tent)
- Realizing that you’re not the first person to sit on your chair
- Running into coworkers, neighbors, grandparents, or a high school classmate you haven’t seen in years
- Who controls the thermostat?
What do you think? Did we miss any? Leave your thoughts in the comment section below!